I worked on side projects to build a technical portfolio and sharpen my programming skills. Below are the 7 notable projects that I spent at least 20+ hours each on to build from scratch:
- Technical Interview Prep — Over the summer while preparing for technical interviews, I did well over 250+ coding problems in C++ from a variety of sources such as LeetCode, HackerRank, Cracking the Coding Interview.
- Sunshine — I learned to use Android Studio and built a cloud-connected weather app that displays real-time weather information.
- React Hacker News — This is a React and Redux application that queries into HackerNews database and lets users find relevant content based on their search terms.
- SoundCloud Client — Another React and Redux application I built consumes SoundCloud API. Users can login to their SoundCloud account and listen to their tracks on the app.
- Emoji App — A simple “Emoji” game I built with NodeJS and CosmicJS.
- TweetMe — A clone of Twitter I built using Django (Python), jQuery, and Bootstrap CSS.
James Le’s summary:
- This year I made a variety of technical projects in web development, mobile app, and data science.
- My 2018 is going to be The Year of Productivity — in which I completely focus on learning important technical skills, creating original projects, as well as developing critical personal habits.
- You can also follow me on Twitter at @james_aka_yale.
Get my newsletter 👉
🗒️ Startup stories, lessons, and tips.
📆 Sent on Saturday mornings.
☕ Read it while you drink your coffee.