Here are 7 painfully obvious lessons I learned in 2017 while building Archie.AI.
- Do not underestimate the power of your vulnerability. Sharing it is hard, but it is instantly relatable to EVERYONE. People like real shit, it’s beautifully simple.
- Empathy is the most useful skill for building any product. Second most useful skill is the ability to rely on Data to make decisions.
- People will never buy something they don’t understand. No matter how intricate your product or service is, a 10-year-old should be able to verbalize it in his/her own words.
- Humans have no issue paying for things that give them value. Your customers will look for a good deal, but if you can provide real value, people/market will reward you for your efforts.
- If you have real insights — only acquired by experiments and experience — people will listen. Your audience may be small today but it will grow if you have a real story to tell and you’re willing to put yourself out there in front of the world.
- “Done” is always, unequivocally better than “perfect”. Perfection should reside inside your head where all externalities can be ignored.
- Faking courage is the same as having real courage.
Ishtiaq Rahman’s summary:
- This year I made Archie.AI.
- My goal for 2018 is to create more.
- You can also follow me on Twitter at @buildanything.
Product & Traction
Get product marketing tactics every week.
Designed for SaaS, software, and digital product businesses.
Awww yeaaah! Looks like you're already on my mailing list! Have you subscribed to my YouTube channel?