Looking back at the year, I learned a few important things:
- Momentum is important. I got stuck overthinking every possible way to move forward. I was so afraid to waste my time on the wrong things that I instead wasted my time doing nothing. The moment I realized that dilemma, it was easier to start working on new things and putting them out there to gather feedback.
- It’s okay to not work on some things. In October, I counted ongoing commitments (client projects, personal work related projects) and got the crazy number of 14 as a result. This made it clear that I had to explicitly put some things on the back burner and *not* try to get everything done at once.
- Community and relationships are important. My partner, my family, my friends, and my mastermind groups helped me a lot to get through the tougher parts of my year. Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and support.
Benedikt Deicke’s summary:
- This year I made the announcement of The SaaS Guidebook.
- My goal for 2018 is to Launch Userlist.io, Launch The SaaS Guidebook.
- You can also follow me on Twitter at @benediktdeicke.
Notes from Justin Jackson
Startup stories, lessons, and tips.
Sent on Saturday mornings.
(Read it while you drink your coffee)
Awww yeaaah! Looks like you're already on my mailing list! Have you subscribed to my YouTube channel?